The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
This page is a listing of WSD’s Bid Opportunities for Supplies, Equipment, Services and Construction, with links to the associated Bid Documents.
Information to Bidders
Paper copy bid documents will continue to be made available and can be obtained by contacting the department representative identified in the bid opportunity posting.
The Winnipeg School Division purchases goods and services and awards construction contracts in compliance with the Public Schools Act of Manitoba and division policies. Winnipeg School Division tendering policies are available from the WSD web site using the following link: WSD Policy - DJC.pdf
Only bid opportunities valued at $50,000 or greater are listed on this page. Bidders interested in bid opportunities for materials or services valued at less than $50,000 should contact WSD’s Purchasing Department by clicking here or email@example.com.
Addenda identifying changes to the bid documents may be issued by WSD at any time after the Bid Opportunity has been posted and before the bid closing date. If an Addendum has been issued for a Bid Opportunity, it will be identified under the Bid Opportunity Description and may be downloaded in the same manner as the Bid Documents. Bidders are responsible to regularly check WSD's Bid Opportunity web page for relevant addenda and must ensure that their bid reflects any changes described in the addenda.
Bids are not accepted by email or fax.
Bids are to be submitted by mail, in person or via courier before the bid closing time specified in the bid documents, to:
The Winnipeg School Division
Secretary Treasurer's Department, Main Floor
1577 Wall Street East
Bidders will be advised in writing of the bid results, after the bids have been received by WSD's Board of Trustees at a Regular Board Meeting.
Important notice to all bidders, contractors and subcontractors regarding upcoming Winnipeg School Division Tendering Policy Revisions as follows:
- Beginning January 1, 2012
- Bidders and subcontractors must be COR/SECOR certified or enrolled in the program, where the project value is $150,000 or greater.
- Bidders with more than 20 employees and all mechanical contractors, bidders and subcontractors must be engaged in apprenticeship training; and
- Bidders, contractors and subcontractors on selected provincial funded pilot projects will be required a complete the bidder’s certification form for opportunities for Aboriginal people.
- Beginning April 1, 2012
- Bidders with more than 10 employees and subcontractors with more than 20 employees must be engaged in apprenticeship training.
- Beginning April 1, 2013
Beginning January 1, 2014 Until Further Notice
- Bidders and subcontractors with more than 10 employees must be engaged in apprenticeship training.
Beginning April 1, 2014
- Bidders and subcontractors must be COR/SECOR certified or enrolled in the program, where the project value is $100,000 or greater.
- All bidders and subcontractors must be engaged in apprenticeship training.
Please see the attached document, Tendering Policy Revisions, for further information.
Bidders are encouraged to participate in the High School Apprenticeship Program (HSAP) by interviewing and hiring Winnipeg School Division High School students for part time or full time employment. For more information please contact Kristin Melnyk - Career Education Support Teacher at the WSD.
Email: Kristin Melnyk
Tender MUST be submitted:
- In a sealed envelope or package that is labeled "Tender".
- Include the Tender name, the closing date of the tender and the name of the company submitting the tender.