The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
The Winnipeg School Division Volunteer Program enables interested parents and members of the community to assist administrators, teachers and other school personnel in helping young people more fully develop their skills, their potential as individuals, and their mastery of subject matter.
Innovative programming reflects the varied cultural and economic needs of our large student population and focuses on helping all students achieve success.
Currently, our volunteer program has over 4,000 registered volunteers giving the gift of time and sharing their knowledge and talents in many of our 78 schools.
You will contribute your time and talent in a variety of different ways to extend and diversify children's learning opportunities.
Winnipeg School Division Parent and Grandparent Volunteers
If you have a child or grandchild attending a school within the Winnipeg School Division and would like to volunteer, please contact your child's school directly.
Community Member Volunteers
- an interest in working with children in a school setting
- minimum age requirement, 16 years old
- willing to accept direction and supervision from school staff
- willing to participate in an in-person interview with a Coordinator of Volunteer Services
- a clear Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Sector
- flexible scheduling, Monday to Friday
- if your volunteer position requires a weekly commitment, we ask that you volunteer for a minimum period of four months
- September through June, volunteer applications accepted throughout the school year
- opportunity to work in a school setting with classroom teachers, resource teachers, librarians, or speech and language clinicians
- orientation and training provided for all volunteer positions
- opportunity to attend training workshops
- experience in a school setting and development of employment related skills
- please contact a Coordinator of Volunteer Services: Carmen Court at 204-474-1513 or Delores Sousa at 204-453-1748 to book an appointment for an interview (or click on the name of the coordinator to send an email)
- please bring to the interview two pieces of identification (driver's license, health card, birth certificate, passport) and the names and mailing addresses for two references
- at the interview, you will complete a Volunteer Services Registration Form and Child Abuse Registry Application which will be processed and paid for by the Winnipeg School Division
- prior to the interview, you will need to obtain a Criminal Record Search including Vulnerable Sector Search. Please bring the results and the original receipt of payment to the interview
- during the interview you will have the opportunity to discuss various placements available in our schools and decide upon a program that best suits your time and interest
- orientation and training will be provided at the school where you have chosen to volunteer