The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
This year the WSSF will be virtual. Judging of the project will take place on:
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Registration for the Science Fair will close on Friday, March 26, 2021 (a link to register will be shared with participating schools).
Please contact Kristin Melnyk, Program Lead for more information at: email@example.com
Youth Science Canada will be hosting our Winnipeg Schools' Virtual Science Fair via ProjectBoard.
Please use the following link to access resources from last years Virtual YSC STEM Fair. https://projectboard.world/ysc
2021 Project Classifications:
Please note that there is a maximum of 2 students per project.
3 Grade Categories:
- Junior: Grades 7 and 8
- Intermediate: Grades 9 and 10
- Senior: Grades 11 and 12
2 Project Types:
- Discovery: my project attempts to answer a scientific question
- Innovation: my project attempts to solve a problem or improve an existing solution
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Food: my project helps ensure food security, sustainability or competitiveness in agriculture, fisheries or food production.
- Curiosity and Ingenuity: my project helps improve our understanding or address a problem in an area of STEM not covered by the other challenges.
- Digital Technology: my project helps improve our quality of life or transform existing products and service through digital devices, methods or systems
- Disease and Illness: my project helps enhance our diagnosis, treatment or understanding of disease, or the management of physics or mental illness.
- Energy: my project helps improve our use of the current energy sources, enable the transition to alternative energy sources, or reduce our energy footprint
- Environment and Climate Change: my project helps ensure the quality of water, air , soil or the diversity of living thing, or manage the impact of climate change
- Health and Wellness: my project helps prevent disease or promote physical, social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, or intellectual well-being
- Natural Resources: my project help ensure the sustainable management, use, reuse or recycling of Earth's finite or renewable natural resources.
Please refer to the project entry guide for detailed descriptions and guidance in creating your project:
- 150 words written for a middle school aged audience
- This is the first section that people will see when they select your project.
- 1 minute video introduction to their project.
- This is your opportunity to talk to your audience and share your interests that lead you to this project!
- maximum of 5 pages, plus appendix of no more than two extra pages for references and bibliography.
- For consideration to CWSF all Project Reports will be scanned by the National Judging Team with anti-plagiarism software.
- upload up to five selected pages of their logbook/notebook – optional for 2021 but will most likely be a requirement in future CWSF events.
Policies, Privacy, Safety and Ethics
The Winnipeg Schools' Virtual Science Fair is compliant with and follows the guidelines provided by Youth Science Canada (YSC) as well as Winnipeg School Division Policies. Please refer to and review the Canada Wide Science Fair Policies, Ethics and Safety Regulations (provided by YSC) at: https://youthscience.ca