The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Brock Corydon School is a great place to learn.
The staff at Brock Corydon is a dedicated, enthusiastic group of
professionals who are committed to fostering a love and excitement of learning.
A well-rounded education is offered in a supportive, academically
challenging and inter-cultural environment.
The outcomes and standards of Manitoba Education and
Training curricula are the bases of all subjects in Kindergarten to Grade 6.
Literature, mathematics, science, social studies, active fit lifestyles,
art and the aesthetics are integrated throughout all curricula.
Learning is child centered and based on a developmental continuum, which
grows in sophistication and complexity from Kindergarten through Grade 6.
We assess for growth to measure what a child knows and to
determine specific learning goals for individuals and groups.
Assessment is based on a combination of teacher observation, student
work, projects, teacher made and standardized tests, and student
Learning at Brock Corydon is based on the following
- Learning should be relevant and child centered
- Learning should promote an understanding of reading/mathematics and core subject areas
- Learning should be active
- Learning should incorporate multiple intelligences and learning styles
- Learning should be social and cooperative
- Learning should include self assessment
- Learning should involve problem solving
- Learning should promote quality thinking and a depth of understanding
- Learning should promote values and ethics
- Learning should involve process and intrinsic satisfaction
- Learning should be goal oriented
- Learning should be joyful
Intercultural learning is integral to our bilingual
setting. Throughout the year there
are numerous opportunities for classes from both tracks to study units together,
embark on joint projects or explore each other’s customs and holidays.
Intramurals and numerous school clubs are offered.
All provide meaningful opportunities to learn and play together.