The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
- Resource Teacher is responsible for assessment, programming and direct service for students with special needs
- Resource Teacher consults and collaborates with teachers, parents, Child Guidance Clinicians and other agencies
- Resource Teacher Assistants provide direct support to students.
Integrated Special Education
- Special education students are integrated into classrooms with the support of the Resource teacher and teacher assistant
- Adapted educational plans and Individual Educational Plans are developed for students who require further adult support in the classroom
- Division-wide assessment in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social/Emotional development and Basic Movement administered in the Fall to all Nursery — Grade 6 students.
Child Guidance Clinicians provide further assessment and programming support
- Includes vision, hearing, school readiness, basic motor, speech and language
- Reading: reading, writing, and comprehension
- Speech and Language: speech, language and hearing
- Social Worker: social/emotional and family connection
- Psychologist: social/emotional, psychological
School Therapy Services are available for Special Education Students
- Occupational and Physiotherapy
- Support for the hard of hearing and visual difficulties