The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Bus Transportation Services
inquiries, please call the Winnipeg School Division's
at (204) 775-0231
There is free transportation for
qualifying students who are in the Hebrew Bilingual Program in Kindergarten to
- Home and Daycare addresses must be within the
Division boundaries and at least 1.6 km from school.
- Daycares within the Division may be serviced
if the home qualifies and must also be over 1.6 km from the school.
- There is no fee for students qualifying
for bus service.
- As of September 6, 2017, there is no longer a fee-for-service policy for students that do not qualify for free transportation.
- The Winnipeg School Division Board of Trustees has provided a provision for this policy change:
- Policy EEA Transportation of Students
If requested, courtesy services may be provided if all conditions are met, to pupils who, under Board Policy, do not qualify for school bus transportation:
a. agreement by parents that if the seat is required at a later date for a pupil who qualifies for transportation, the parents/guardian would have to make other arrangements within seven (7) days' notice;
b. services will be based on seat availability on the bus (not to exceed 90% capacity);
c. no additional costs to the division are incurred by having the student ride on the bus;
d. must be existing stops as buses will not be rerouted to accommodate pupils;
e. no increase in route time as identified in the Public Schools Act;
f. the passenger size and capacity of the buses will not be increased to accommodate pupils;
g. confirmation of service to be provided no later than October 31
This policy does not apply to noon hour runs for Nursery and Kindergarten students.
- This provision does not affect any students currently receiving transportation, and no new routes or stops will be added to the existing schedule.
- Parents/Guardians can apply for this service with a Courtesy Seat Application Form which should be handed in to the school's office once completed.