schools carpathia Carpathia {E9009093-F411-E211-A92A-005056965EE9} 288
Skip to Content Navigation
The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.

Carpathia History

 

Carpathia School was named after the S.S. Carpathia, the rescue ship that heard the distress signals from the S.S. Titanic in 1912 and braved the icefield to come and help.

Carpathia School opened its doors in1953; 10 of its14 classrooms were designated for the children of the Fort Osborne Barracks, under an agreement with the federal government.

Construction

Built: 1953

Contractors: Peter Leitch Construction Ltd.

Contract: $215,084 (actual cost $230,592)

Cost per room: $13,085

Sod turned: July 13, 1953

Cornerstone: July 30, 1953 by H.B. Parker

Opened: November 12, 1953

No. of rooms: 14 plus general purpose room

Addition: September, 1955

Contractors: Peter Leitch Construction Ltd.

Contract: $49,960Auditors: $51,101

No. of rooms: 6

Conversion to gas: 1961

Large gym added 1979

share

Useful Links

Resources

Contact Us