The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Welcome to Cecil Rhodes School. We are pleased you have joined us. We promise to do our best to provide you with experiences that will last you a lifetime.
Be prepared to work hard and to achieve to the best of your ability. We expect you to care about others and to respect their rights. In turn you should expect a safe, comfortable place where you can learn new things.
Your teachers, counsellor, and administrators are here for you to talk to if you have any concerns about school.
At Cecil Rhodes School, the staff respects the rights of all students to a quality education and to a safe and healthy environment. In return, students are expected to do their part in upholding these rights and the responsibilities accompanying them.
1. You have a right to learn in this school.
It is your responsibility to listen and to follow directions, work quietly and diligently, and follow the general guidelines and rules of the classroom and the school.
2. You have a right to be respected in this school.
It is your responsibility to respect the rights of others, not to tease other people or to hurt their feelings.
3. You have a right to a safe and secure environment in which to learn and grow.
It is your responsibility not to threaten, or physically harm others in any way and to respect the personal property of others and of the school community.
It is great to have you at Cecil Rhodes School. We are proud of our school and we want you to be equally proud of the school. Get involved in your learning – be it in the classroom, in a club, and/or extra-curricular activities. We invite you to be an active citizen of Cecil Rhodes and “Be The Best You Can Be”.
Summary of Behavioral Expectations:
1. Move within the school in a calm and orderly fashion.
2. Obey the rules of Cecil Rhodes School and The Winnipeg School Division.
3. Respect the right of students to learn and of teachers to teach.
4. Respect all property in the school, on the grounds, and in the community.
5. Behave in an environmentally responsible manner.