The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Grade 9 Programs
At Children of the Earth, we have two grade 9 programs; one for the boys (Oskabay Maatiziwin), and one for the girls (Ikwewag ga-zoonigiga-niibwawiiwad).
- To enable Aboriginal youth to increase self-identity, self-esteem and to gain a positive self image through traditional cultural teachings and Aboriginal language instruction.
- To understand the role and responsibilities of Aboriginal youth in the traditional education system and to bridge that knowledge with what is learned in the contemporary system.
- To incorporate an Aboriginal perspective into all existing Manitoba Education and Training curricula areas, keeping within the existing vision of Children of the Earth High School.
Connie West-Buck , Teacher – Ikwewag ga-zoonigiga-niibwawiiwad - Women Standing Strong
Tyler Neapew. Teacher – Oskabay Maatiziwin – Helpers in life/for life
Cara Widrick, Traditional Advisor
- Traditional Advisors are responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and facilitation of Traditional Teachings, Pipe Ceremonies and Cultural Activities.
- Duties also include assisting and supporting with school activities, planning various gatherings, as well as, evaluations, meetings, and presentations when required.