The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Located within the boundaries of the Winnipeg School Division, Churchill High School is named after Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965). Sir Winston Churchill was a British statesman, historian and orator who served as the British Prime Minister until 1955. He devoted his powers to seeking world peace. Sir Winston Churchill was described as having the heart of a lion, the courage of a bulldog and a digestive system similar to a cement mixer. He first visited Winnipeg in 1901 stating that "Winnipeg is a Winner". The cornerstone of Churchill High School was laid in 1955, where Arnold Avenue and Hay Street meet in Riverview. The building itself has undergone many physical changes to meet the needs of the surrounding community.
Currently, Churchill High School maintains an enrolment of approximately 500 students. The building also houses a second school, Collège Churchill, with an additional 150 students. Athletics, Performing Arts and other co-curricular activities are shared between both schools. This fosters a positive co-operative school spirit. We offer excellent academic programs, including the Flexible Learning and Special Education Programs. Churchill also provides many other experiences to connect students with the school and prepare them for an enjoyable and successful high school career.
Churchill High, Churchill Ho Yea, Yea Churchill go Head for the red Fight for the white You for the blue And victory too. Churchill High, Churchill Ho Yea, Yea, Churchill go!
(This Cheer was chosen after a contest was held in 1962. The winner was a staff member, Mr. Belton, who donated his prize of $5.00 to the Pep Club.)