The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
October 16th, 2017
- Students don't forget, on October 31st the Leaders have planned spooktacular activities at the Halloween CarnEVIL. There will also be a costume parade and a haunted hospital.
- Congratulations to our Flag football teams and coaches!! They won 1st, 2nd & 3rd place at the Elmwood tournament on Friday.
- Collège Churchill is fighting hunger!! We are collecting all non-perishable food items for Winnipeg Harvest. Donations will be accepted by your homeroom teacher until October 31st!
- Attention Grads: We need more volunteers to help with parking at the Blue Bomber game this Saturday. If you can help, please go see Mme Dent in room 44. Chocolates are still available for sale in Mme Dent's room. There will be a Grad Wear meeting tomorrow at 12:10 p.m. in room 44.
- We are pleased to announce the 2nd annual Photo contest! Please see the posters around the school or Mr. Penner for more information. You could win your yearbook and have your photo published inside.
**Grads/parents/guardians don't forget to take a look at our Après Collège page on our website! You will find information on our Career Counsellor's availability as well as Open House dates and info sessions being held at the school. There is also some information on Scholarships!!
Don't forget to go by Guidance to pick up your hot-off-the-press Graduation booklet full of information, checklists and reminders about grad and the following year.
Lunch hour clubs:
Every day - Junior & Senior Gym / Weightroom & Cardio room
Tuesdays - Art in room 40
Wednesdays- Chess in room 40
- Photo club in room 46
Thursdays - Indigenous Student Group in CHS library classroom
- Grades 7, 8 & 9 choir in room 19 - learn and sing fun songs!
Tuesdays & Thursdays - Volleyball intramurals
After School Clubs:
Tuesdays & Thursdays - Hip Hop for grade 9-12 students in Drama room @ 3:30 p.m.
17 Grade 12 University of Manitoba Info session Slot B CHS library
18 Bus Ridership
Grad Parent Meeting
20 Non-Instructional, no classes
1 Grade 9 Take Your Kids To Work Day
3 End of Term 1
6 Term 2 begins
7 Staff meeting, no classes p.m.
8 Picture retakes 9:00 a.m.
P.A.C. 6:30 p.m.
10 Remembrance Day service 11:00 a.m.
13 Report Cards sent home
16 Parent Teacher Conferences 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
17 Parent Teacher Conferences 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
5 Staff meeting 3:30 p.m.
12-14 Grad Photos
14 Winter Concert 6:30 p.m.
21 Talent Show p.m. for feeder schools
22 Talent Show a.m.
Locker cleanup 11:45 a.m.
Last day of school
25-Jan 5 Winter Break
8 School reopens
9 Staff meeting p.m., no classes p.m.
P.A.C. meeting 6:30 p.m.
2 Non-instructional day, no classes
End of 1st semester
5 2nd Semester begins
6 Grade 6 visit
Porte ouverte / Expo-Science
13 P.A.C. meeting 6:30 p.m.
16 Gym Riot p.m.
19 Louis Riel Day, School closed
20-23 Optimist Festival -tentative dates
23 End of Term 2
26 Term 3 begins
6 Staff meeting, no classes
12 Report cards sent home
13 P.A.C. 6:30 p.m.
15-17 Brandon Jazz Festival
15 Parent Teacher conferences 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
16 Parent Teacher conferences 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. -no classes
23 Last day of school before Spring Break
Locker cleanup 3:00 p.m.
26-30 Spring Break
30 Good Friday, school closed
2 School reopens
10 P.A.C. meeting 6:30 p.m.
11 Day of Pink
18 Bus Ridership
20 Non-instructional Wellness Day, no classes
7 Non-instructional planning day, no classes
8 P.A.C. meeting 6:30 p.m.
21 Victoria Day, school closed
23 Grade 8 immunization a.m.
24 Fine Arts Night 7:00 p.m.
28-31 Grade 12 Provincial ELA Exam
4-6 Grade 12 Provincial Français Exam
5 Staff meeting, no classes p.m.
Aboriginal Grad Feast evening
7 Athletic Banquet
12-14 Grade 12 Math Exams
14 Locker cleanup 3:00 p.m.
19 Grade 8 Common Math Exam
22 Make Up Exam Day
25-27 Grades 7 & 8 activities
26 Convocation at Bethel Mennonite Church 6:30 p.m.
27 Grand March 5:00 p.m.
Grad dinner and dance at RBC Convention Centre 6:00 p.m.
28 Grade 7-11 Awards Day in Senior Gym 9:30 a.m.
Report Cards sent home
29 Last day of school