The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Our career counsellor, Ms. Karrah Kazmarowitch is available in the guidance office on TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS and THURSDAYS from 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Grade 11 & 12 students: there is a new scholarship website called ScholarTree that helps you look for scholarships. See bulletin boards near Guidance or Mme Karrah for more information.
Ongoing and Upcoming Events
RCMP / GRC : Careers
National security and defence : jobs
2018 / 2019 Applications
University of Winnipeg 2018-19 Special Entrance Scholarships
Who Is Eligible?
- Grade 12 graduating students coming directly from a high school in Canada, international students from the United States, or those studying Canadian curriculum abroad;
- Who have at least an 85% final Grade 12 average, and;
- Submitted a complete application for admission by March 1, 2018 and;
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the Fall/Winter, and;
- Have not received a UWinnipeg Entrance Award valued at more than $5,000
How Is My Award Average Calculated?
For all students (Arts, Business & Economics, Education, Kinesiology, and Science), the scholarship average is calculated with the:
- Best 40S English (Comprehensive, Literary, or Transactional Focus)
- Best 40S Math* (Pre-Calculus, Applied, or Essential Math)
- One other 40S or higher level full credit course
What Is the Value of the Scholarship?
The value is determined by the grade average, as follows:
- 85-89.9% - $1,100
- 90-94.9% - $1,750
- 95%+ - $2,250
If you have any questions regarding the Special Entrance Scholarship Program please contact the Awards & Financial Aid Office at email@example.com
. For more details please visit the Entrance Awards page
The Schulich Leader Scholarships
The Schulich Leader Scholarships are open to all graduating high school students in Canada who have an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) - but not medicine or medical research. The student must plan to attend a partner university / designated university, located across the country (and some in Israel) for 2018-2019 school year to be eligible. At present, University of Manitoba is the only partner here in Manitoba.
The student must possess at least 2 of three criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leadership
- Financial need
Here's how it works:
- The school appoints a rep to the nomination process (Mme Anderstedt)
- We ask interested students to submit a letter indicating why they would be Collège Churchill's best candidate.
- Based on a decision made by the entire staff, the rep submits the nominee by February 1, 2018.
- The nominees submits his/her application by February 22, 2018
- The universities review and announce scholarship recipients (March 1-June 15)
As you can see, the process is long. In order to facilitate this process we are asking that all interested students submit their letter to Mme Anderstedt by Monday December 18th. This will give the staff a chance to look over candidates and arrive at a nomination decision at the January 9th staff meeting. Plenty of time to complete the nomination process on line.
List of Universities and Colleges in Canada
Anyone considering attending a post-secondary institution to further their education has many choices and decisions to make. One of the most important is how to you’re going to finance your education. Each person must find funds to pay for tuition, books and supplies, and possibly rent and board, be it for one year or for many.
This portion of the website is a resource of ideas and links to help you find financial aid for your education.