The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Essential Learning Areas
Music Language and Performance Skills
Develop your music “toolbox”
1. Students develop skills for making music individually and as part of a group.
2. Students develop skills for making music, through aural, written, and visual music systems.
3. Students demonstrate understanding of and facility with rhythm, melody, texture and harmony in a variety of musical contexts.
4. Students demonstrate understanding of expression, timbre and form in a variety of music contexts.
Creative Expression in Music
Imagine, perform, compose
1. Students generate and use ideas from a variety of sources for creating music.
2. Students develop ideas in music, creatively integrating music elements, techniques, and compositional tools.
3. Students interpret, perform, and share their own and others’ music.
Understanding Music in Context
Who, Where, Why music?
1. Students experience and develop awareness of music from various times, places, social groups and cultures.
2. Students experience and develop awareness of a variety of music genres, styles and traditions.
3. Students demonstrate understanding of the roles, purposes and meanings of music in the lives of individuals and in communities.
Valuing Music Experience
Listen, Reflect, Respond
1. Students demonstrate interest, curiosity and engagement while making and experiencing music in a variety of contexts.
2. Students analyze their own and others’ music and performances.
3. Students form personal responses to construct meaning from their own and others’ music.
4. Students assess their learning in performing, creating, and experiencing music.