The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Glenelm School Lunch Program
All children must be registered to stay in the lunch program full or part time.
The lunch program will be run at Gordon King Memorial Church located at 127 Cobourg Ave.
Registration Forms are available at the School Office
PLEASE NOTE THE LUNCH PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY FULL.
If you would like to be put on the waiting list please fill out a registration form and hand into the office.
Fees and Regulations
Fee structure and payment
As this is a non - profit organization run by the Parent Advisory Council, all money derived from the program is used to pay the staff's salary, purchase milk and supplies for activities.
You may pay for the full year upon registration. Fees for the full year are $300 for one child and $250 for each additional child in the same family (plus a $5 registration fee and any milk fees – see below).
You may provide ten postdated cheques payable to the GLENELM LUNCH PROGRAM. Fees for each month must be paid in advance with cheques dated the 20th of each month beginning June 20, 2016 (not including July and August) and ending May 20, 2017. Monthly payments are $30 per month for one child and $25 per month for each additional child in the same family (plus a family $5 registration fee and any milk fees – see below).
The fee for regular part-time attendance is $2 per day per child plus the family $5 registration fee (milk will not be offered for regular part-time students). Payment methods for regular part-time students will be determined upon confirmation of enrollment.
Upon request, alternate payment methods may be arranged.
Please note the following:
- A new registration fee of $5 per family is due upon registration.
- If you would like your child(ren) to receive milk with their lunch, please add an additional $5 per month per child with your payment (this is to cover the rising cost of milk). Milk will not be offered for regular part-time students
- A $5 NSF fee will be charged for any returned payment
- A late charge of $5 will be added for any fees not paid by the last day of the payment month. If fees have still not been paid by the 20th of the following month, the child(ren) will be suspended from the lunch program until fees have been paid. If this occurs, the parent will be responsible to make alternate arrangements for their child(ren). For reoccurring late payments the child(ren) may be withdrawn from the program
- If your child(ren) will not be attending the lunch program on any given day, please advise the office before 9:30 a.m. on that day as all lunch program students need to be accounted for.
- If for any reason you withdraw your child(ren) from the lunch program, any remaining fees will be refunded.
We follow the same Glenelm and WSD rules set out by the Code of Conduct. These include:
No physical violence (hitting, fighting, etc.)
No verbal violence (swearing, put downs, etc.)
Respect (for staff, other adults and students and property)
Students must not leave the school grounds (except patrols)
The staff at the lunch program is instructed on how to deal with most situations. However, if it is a continuous problem or more severe the director will contact the parent/guardian in the evening. In serious cases, the student can be suspended from the lunch program.
Heat up lunches are permitted, however lunches must have a maximum heat up time of 2 minutes to allow enough time for all students to eat. Frozen lunches, such as Michalina's, can be thawed before hand.
To keep the cost of the lunch program down, no lunches, dishes or cutlery will be provided. All lunches must come in their own heat up container, including noodle soup.
Microwave popcorn is not allowed.
Milk is provided for an additional $5 per month per child and will not be offered to regular part-time students.
Due to allergies, please refrain from sending food to school containing nuts or fish, the most common allergies.
The lunch program follows the 'no junk' food policy of Glenelm School. Items not allowed include gum, chips, pop, candy, chocolate or seeds in the shell. Such items found may be taken away from the student and given to their teacher to be picked up at the end of the day..