The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
This year we are excited to discuss and explore our roles and responsibility for the "footprint" that we will create in the world around us. We will discuss the pillars of sustainability and what each one of us can do to make a positive contribution or footprint. Teams of students ( K-2, Gr.3 and 4 and Gr 5 and 6) will meet in an assembly each day 6 to explore ways in which each one of us can make change and make the world a better place. We will discuss environment, social and global issues and give each student a challenge to take action.
Be sure to ask your child what their challenge is for the week or to share what they have learned about sustainability!
Things That We Can All Do At Home To Save Water
By: Room 8 students
1. When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run, use one container filled with water for all the dishes instead – Nester
2. Use natural juices when possible to save water because artificial juices sometimes contain water – Cezar
3. Fix leaky water pipes/faucets to prevent losing water – Gabriel
4. Only put the water sprinkler on when necessary – Rohan
5. Shorten the time that you usually take to shower to save water – Shon
6. Only drink/use water when needed to save water – Olivia
7. Only take as much water as you need. If you take too much, don't throw it away, reuse it - Angel