The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Hugh John Macdonald School is an intercultural, community-oriented, inner-city junior high school that provides a safe, caring environment for students and staff. We are committed to providing students with opportunities to develop their individual potential in order to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
In carrying out our mission Hugh John Macdonald School is guided by the following principles:
- To foster respect, responsibility, self-esteem and acceptance of a diverse society.
- To foster the development of social, emotional, physical and academic excellence in the student.
- To encourage community and parental involvement.
- To provide professional development opportunities for all staff.
Hugh John Macdonald is committed to:
- Fostering a Positive Learning Environment, wherein all students feel welcome, and are able to learn in a positive environment.
- Excellence in teaching and learning.
- Enrichment of student knowledge.
- Experiences which assist students in preparing them for high school.
Code of Conduct
- All students and staff are entitled to a school free of abuse.
- All students and staff are entitled to respect and understanding.
- All students and staff are entitled to a positive learning environment.
- All students and staff are entitled to have their personal and school property respected.
Hugh John Macdonald is committed to teaching the Code of Conduct and implementing it in a fair and consistent manner. Students are taught to understand that there will be consequences for inappropriate behaviour.