The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Isaac Newton is proud to announce that starting on January 13, 2015, we will be offering a Filipino Heritage Program on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00 pm.
This program is open to students in Grades 7, 8 & 9, whether they come from Filipino or non-Filipino families.
The program will be free of charge, however, families are asked to make a donation if they can upon registration to help offset the cost of supplies, cultural projects and other needed resources.
The teaching of Filipino Heritage Program is one of the key projects of the Manitoba Association of FilipinoTeachers, Inc. (MAFTI). This is in consonance with MAFTI’s vision towards efficient delivery of educational and cultural programs in our community. Participation in this program will offer your child the following benefits:
1. to take pride of one’s cultural heritage
2. to preserve one’s cultural values
3. to boost child’s morale and self esteem
4. to score better in academic work, as a bilingual child (proven in research)
5. to prepare the child to take Filipino Proficiency Examination in high school for additional credits
6. to provide more opportunities to grow and develop his/her potential
For these reasons, MAFTI will offer the Filipino Heritage Program in your child’s school, which will include the teaching of Filipino language, folk dances, cultural songs, poems, and games.
Students are expected to be on their best behaviour at this program, as it is an extra curricular activity offered by volunteers at the school.
Registration forms can be picked up from the Office at Isaac Newton School or by looking in the Isaac Newton November newsletter.