The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
At J. B. Mitchell we are guided by the following principles developed by staff and parents:
- To encourage understanding and acceptance of everyone in the school and community.
- To strive to meet and challenge the physical, intellectual, social, emotional and creative needs of each child.
- To encourage cooperation in learning and behaviour and instill a sense of responsibility for one's own learning and actions.
- To foster positive self-esteem in each person and to encourage a positive attitude towards learning.
The following are our school goals and priorities for the 2007 - 2008 school year. We will be concentrating our efforts in the following areas:
- Literacy and Numeracy improvement
- School Wide Implementation of Literacy with Information and Communication Technologies
- Pro-social strategies, mediation and Non-Bullying
- Health: nutrition and physical activity
- Aboriginal Perspectives and multiculturalism