The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
The Family Studies courses at Kelvin High School offer a proactive
and practical approach to support families.
Students have the opportunity to explore issues and experience hands-on
learning related to daily living. The
practical activities include taking home a Real Care baby in grade 10 and
volunteering within the community through grades 10-12.
The goals of the program, as outlined by the Manitoba curriculum,
are as follows:
• understand oneself and one’s family
• appreciate the variety and diversity of families today
• acquire knowledge and skills through practice and
experiential learning that are integrated into authentic work and home life
• gain the ability to make wise decisions throughout life
and recognize the societal influences that affect those decisions
• appreciate various ethnic and