The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Tips for Parents
How to Improve Your Child’s School Attendance
- Talk with your child about the importance of attending school regularly.
- Avoid scheduling family trips or doctor appointments during school hours.
- Make sure your child stays healthy by eating nutritious food and getting enough sleep and exercise.
- Don’t accept excuses for why your child “must” miss or be late for school.
- Discuss with your child what happened at school each day.
- Support school rules and consequences for being tardy.
- Show your child why education is important. Give specific examples of how education helps people succeed.
- Lead by example. If children see parents taking off work for no real reason, they may expect to be able to do the same thing.
- Research shows that attendance is the single most important factor in school success.