The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Lord Selkirk School Parent Council
LORD SELKIRK SCHOOL PARENT COUNCIL
Welcome from your Parent Council for the 2018-19 school year.
Being a member of the Parent Council provides us with the opportunity
to have a positive influence on our child's school experience.
We are always looking for new members!
Please take a look below for further information.
Our purpose? What do we do?
In partnership with the school, our role is to support the community by creating opportunities for parents and guardians to connect and help strengthen the education of our children by providing information, feedback and resources.
We are made up of parents, school staff and others who are committed to the idea that children benefit most from their school experience when families and schools work together in a positive partnership.
Some of our roles include:
- Ongoing communication with school administration and staff
- Fundraising activities that support school initiatives
- Oversee the Lunch Program
- Supporting Family Room activities
- Support of the "Babysitting Course" for Grade 6 students
- Keeping parents informed of school division policies and decisions that affect their children
- Offering community opinion on proposed policies through school meetings and through the Divisional Advisory Committee
- Contributing to various school activities
- Organizing special celebrations