The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Volunteers are needed by the Parent-Teacher Advisory Council
and the school to assist with various activities and special events.
You do not have to be available to help with every event
during the school year. Even if you are only available to help on occasion,
your assistance would be appreciated.
- Activities/events include:
- Special lunch days (fundraiser for the school)
- Library assistance
- Book Fair
- Kindergarten Hearing Screening (training provided)
- I’m a Thumbody Program (training provided)
- General classroom assistance
- Creating Early Years Math Activity Bins (training provided)
- Block Parents
- Babysitting course for gr. 6 students
If you would like to undertake any of these rewarding
projects, please leave your name with the office.
To All New Volunteers:
Thank you to all those parents who indicate they would like
to volunteer in our school this year. Volunteers make an enormous contribution
to the life of the school, so we really appreciate your offer.
You need to know that there is a School Division Policy for
registering first-time volunteers. If you are volunteering for the first time
in this school:
1. You must fill out a registration form.
2. You must meet with the coordinator of volunteers.
3. You must agree to an abuse registry search.
You cannot work in the school until you have completed
This applies to all first time volunteers, whether you
intend to work frequently or occasionally in the school. This is not a
reflection on your character. It is a reflection of the times in which we live
to ensure students are “safe” with every adult in the school.
We are obliged to follow this procedure. If you have any
questions about this procedure, please phone me at the school at 633-4092.
In the Spring, we will be honouring our volunteers at a
“Volunteer Appreciation Reception”.