The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
École Riverview School accommodates approximately 320 students from Nursery to Grade six. We offer two programs: English Multi-age and French Immersion. Entry into English multi-age programs can occur at any grade level providing space is available. Entry into the French Immersion program can occur at Kindergarten or grade one levels. Our two programs offer a rich curriculum centred around themes, collaboration and student inquiry. A visitor walking our hallways will see a wonderful variety of work showcasing the amazing talents of our students. Click hereto see some examples.
Some of the current features of École Riverview School which new parents may find interesting are:
- a very involved and committed School Parent Advisory Council;
- an enthusiastic and highly valued parent volunteer program;
- specialty rooms for science and arts/crafts;
- a library that includes extensive collections of both English and French titles;
- an emphasis on both music and physical education programs that draws enthusiastic participation from students and accolades from parents;
- provision of basic French instruction for English stream students in grades one to six;
- cultural activities for enhancement of French programs (for all students);
- a wide variety of intra-mural sports activities and inter-school team participation;
- attention to individual needs of children through resource and enrichment programming and integration of special education students;
- computer assisted learning in a modern lab setting, along with networked computers in each classroom
- Smartboards in several classrooms throughout the school.
- Individual Needs: To provide a rich learning environment which recognizes and respects individual differences.
- Work Habits: To develop a sense of responsibility and pride in academic achievement, work habits and all school endeavours.
- Self Concept: To promote positive thinking and feelings of confidence and self worth in all students.
- Challenging Students: To maximize student achievement in all curricular areas through stimulating programs in both English and French consistent with student needs, differences and interests.
- School and Community: To ensure an atmosphere of trust and mutual support between the school and the community it serves.
- Respect: To develop respect and appreciation for all people, especially through the multicultural composition and program diversity of our school.
- Responsibility: To encourage students to be effective problem solvers and take responsibility for their own actions actions and learning.
We believe the mission of École Riverview School is to create a positive learning community which encourages creativity and enables individuals to become active, cooperative learners and responsible citizens.