The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
École Robert H. Smith Performing Arts (Drama, Music, Dance)
- Instill a positive attitude and build confidence within each student so that they can work to achieve their goals.
- Support, nurture, and inspire the growth of every student as people, as artists, and as open minded learners.
- Work on developing language and performance skills, the ability to creatively express oneself, the awareness of performing arts in context and the ability to value experiences within the performing arts.
- Build the skills to articulate students' opinions about the various performing arts and on understanding and respecting the opinions of others.
In the Performing Arts classes students will explore:
- Percussion techniques
- Orff instruments
- Music technology
- Folk dancing
- Creative movement
- Additional areas based on student interest
This year we will also offer the following clubs that will take place during recesses and lunches for interested students:
- Two sections of grade 6 guitar club (one in each half of the year)
- Grade 6 Choir
- Grade 5 Percussion Ensemble
- Grade 4-6 Recorder Club
Students are encouraged to enter their Performing Arts classes with a positive attitude and a willingness to try new things.