The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Each month during the school year, a new fact on fitness will be highlighted in this area.
Did you know...
heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood each day?
take approximately 20,000 breaths each day?
entire body, except for your palms, lips, and soles of your feet, is covered
with dead hair?
- 14% of
your body weight is made up of skin and 16% of your body weight is made up of
average American consumes 45 gallons of soda each year?
- It takes approximately 32 glasses of water to rid the body of all the acid ingested from drinking one can of soda?
consume approximately 90 acres of pizza every day?
- The tooth is the only part of the human body that can't repair itself?
- Every human spent about 30 minutes as a single cell?
- The average life-span of a taste bud is 10 days?
- Every drop of blood contains 5 million red blood cells; 9,000 white blood cells; and 250,000 platelets?
- Eating breakfast enables you to burn up to 20% more calories throughout the rest of the day?
Hinson C. (2010). The Physical Education
Newsletter for Promoting Active Lifestyles. PEnpal. Volume 12 (10, 11, &12) and Volume 13 (2 & 5).
boosts brainpower? Not only does
exercise improve your body and make you healthy, but it increases energy levels
and serotonin and the brain leading to improved mental clarity!
- Exercise enhances mood and increases self esteem?
decreases stress and illness?
heart is about the size of your fist and weighs about as much as a softball?
heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats about 100,000 times in one
day, in an average adult?
- Your tongue
is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end?
are 206 bones in the human body and one fourth of them are in your feet?
are 640 skeletal muscles in the human body?
human nervous system can relay messages to the brain at speeds of up to 200
miles per hour? Your brain receives 100 million nerve messages each
second from your senses.