The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Peer Mediation Program
Who: Grade 5 and 6 student volunteers
When: Teams of 2 mediators are scheduled during morning (10am) and afternoon (2pm) recess
· Mediators are expected to act as role models for other students.
· Mediators will do their best to apply their skills when solving their own conflicts.
· Mediators will be on time.
· Mediators will follow the problem solving steps outlined in their handbook.
Goals of the program:
· To help students resolve conflicts in a peaceful manner.
· To help younger students learn games and play together.
· To develop self-esteem among all students including the mediators.
· To assist teacher supervisors.
“Mediation is fun. You learn how to solve conflicts.”
“You help others.”
“It is fun to help students play fairly.”
“Since we have mediators, recesses are more fun and more peaceful.”