The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
The Student Council is charged with promoting the best interests of Students. Student Council is an extra curricular initiative based on The Student Voice. Two students from each classroom in grades 4-6 have been chosen to represent their peers. Students have been chosen by their classmates in an election process from the initial nominations to the campaign speech they compose, and finally the voting process.
Joining student council is a great way to improve and have a voice on school issues, standing up for student rights and making new friends. Plus, it is a great way to develop leadership skills.
Some of the activities the students involved with Student Council have taken part in are:
- We Day - Raising awareness of student leadership, volunteerism, and youth leading local and global change.
- Pennies-For-Jane- our students sponsor a young girl named Jane in Uganda through World Vision. We raise money through donations of pennies and loose change for Jane to have access to school,Nutritious food and clean water to drink.
- Sister MacNamara T-Shirt Sale- Raising funds supporting a social action project and our grade 5 camp.
- Recycling -Taking action within our own school to ensure a better environment and community.
- Volunteer Opportunities -Student council and parent council work together in fundraising like the Peek of the Market vegie bag sale and Sister Mac's annual Family Fest held in June.
- Perfect Attendance Monthly celebration- Random students take candid pictures around the school and share them in a Powerpoint presentation that celebrates students with Perfect Attendance every month.
- Brick by Brick- a project that the free the children is doing building schools in Africa $20 dolloar for a brick.
- We scare hunger- we collected can goods for the Winnipeg Harvest to support the people who needs.
Cool 2 be kind- student council and rm 230 is doing a project about kindness. They got $500 to make a school video about bullying awareness also making a song to come with it.
Bake sale - we were making chocolate mustache for rasing money for Mo'vember to collect donatons anwareness for cancer.
We are really looking forward to planning a fun filled Spirit Week for all the students, staff and parents.
- Pink Day- Empowering youth to stand up to bullying. Students lead an assembly with skits- sharing important messages about bullying, a community walk, and even had the whole school take part in The Cha-Cha Slide dance! What an empowering event.