The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
A branch of Educational Theory which relates to the teaching of young children. This program will help students develop an understanding of development, guiding children's behavior, inclusion/diversity, and planning for play.
Grade 11 (4 Credits) CHCV30
· Human Development - outcomes include preschool growth and development; social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
· Guiding children's behavior - outcomes include guiding children's behavior while appropriate behavior is taking place, and before, during, and after socially unacceptable behavior is taking place.
· Inclusion - outcomes include learning a way of thinking and acting that demonstrates universal acceptance and promotes equal opportunity for all.
· Planning for play - outcomes include developing tools and strategies to organize and develop curriculum around high level, purposeful play.
Grade 12 (4 Credits) CHCV40
· Infant and Toddler Development - outcomes include infant/toddler development, with a focus of the importance of brain development.
· Nurturing Care - outcomes include providing protection and opportunity for children to reach their developmental potential.
· Diversity - outcomes include finding ways to create a culturally responsive environment for children and their families.
· Advance planning for play - outcomes include using observation as a tool to develop curriculum around high level, purposeful play.