The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
Physical Education Nursery- Grade 2
Teacher – M. Kulas
I want students to have fun, play fair, be safe and be active. I also want all students to try their best in all activities presented. In doing this, I hope to encourage students to develop and pursue healthy activities, which will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
- Try your hardest
- Do your best
- Respect others
- Use running shoes
Please check your child's timetable for physical education days and send your child in appropriate clothing and footwear for activity. Please have your child keep running shoes at school.
Outline for Year – Grades 1 and 2
The following skills will be covered during the 2016-17 school year:
- Space awareness moving safely in the gym
- EAP Testing- Sept./Oct./May and June
Grades 1 & 2 Physical Education – Day 1, 3, 5 and 6
Nursery and Kindergarten – Will touch on the activities above as their time in the gym will be limited.
Methods of Assessment
Student Self-Assessment – rubrics used. Students give point for each of the following:
- Warm-up/Participation/Listening/Behavior/Working Hard
- Is used for determining whether a student is able to cooperatively play and get along with others.
- Is used for grading skills in class (one point is given for each step observed by the teacher while the student is performing the skill.)