The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
1410 Logan Avenue
Prepared September, 1992
Weston School was built in 1948 and consisted of seven classrooms and a gymnasium. In 1953 six additional classrooms were added. Another four classrooms were constructed in 1959 as a two storey addition to the west of the existing facility.
Weston, Thomas Chesmer (1932 -1911) Geologist, was born in Birmingham, England, in October 1832. He came to Canada in 1859, as an employee of the Canadian Geological Survey; and he continued in the service of the Survey until his retirement on pension in 1894. He died at Quebec City on July 31, 1911. (source: The Macmillan Dictionary of Canadian Biography)
• Sod Turned: June 11, 1947 by A. Beck
• Cornerstone: August 12, 1948 by P.C. Jessiman
• Opened: September 1948 (partly occupied)
• Contractor: Glen Walin Co.
• Actual cost: $361,365
• No. of rooms: 7 and gym
• Contractor: Universal Contractors Ltd.
• Contract: $76,069 (actual cost $77,677)
• No. of rooms: 6
• Contractor: Semmler Construction
• Contract: $56,175 (actual cost $58,902)
• No. of rooms: 4 (2 storey plan)