The source file is in the Intranet. Any change made to this page will be overwritten by the update from Intranet.
My name is Marnee Murray and I am the Grade 6 teacher here at William Whyte Community School. I am a wife and mother to 4 kids; Brayden 19, Brooklynn 13, Billi 12 and Brody 10. I live outside the city in Oakbank and my kids attend a French immersion school. I was an Educational Assistant from 2008 – 2016 within the Lord Selkirk School Division. I worked full time as an EA while I attended the University of Winnipeg to complete my Education degree in 2016. In January 2017, I started my first term teaching job as the grade 5/6 teacher at William Whyte School. In our classroom, we are piloting flexible seating. This means that students will have choices as to where they would like to work around the room. Some options are: bean bag chairs, moon chair, kneeling table, cushions, lap desks, stools at group table, standing table and of course their own desks. Students know that they can be moved at any time by the teacher if they did not choose a good spot to work (talking too much, not doing their job). I am extremely excited to be teaching here at William Whyte and looking forward to an amazing learning year with such great kids!
* Improving our reading fluency
* Novel Studies (Wonder will be our first one)
* Writing (Persuasive, Narrative, Personal, Descriptive, Expository and Imaginative). We will also be focusing on sentence and paragraph structures.
* Multiplication and Division
* Fractions and Decimals
* Patterns and Algebra
* Classification of Living Things
* Building community
* Canada in 1867
* Canada in the 20th century
* World War I and II
* Canada Today
* Heritage Fair projects
* Keep hands and feet to self
* I am a learner (come to class prepared to learn)
* Nurture myself, others and the environment
* Do my best
* Be respectful (listen to others, raise hand)
* Be polite and kind to others
* Have FUN!