Graduation 2021June 9, 2021
Please continue to check back to this page for continued updates for the graduating class of 2021.
Last updated June 8th, 2021
Please find the follow up of the June 2nd Grad Meeting below.
Grad Time Reservation:
You can reserve your time slot for grad at the link below.
- to make your reservation under your name
- only 1 time slot per grad
- first come, first serve
The website will be available for reservations until Friday, June 11th. Reserve your grad time now at https://www.picktime.com/SislerGrad!
Clarification on Awards:
We have received some feedback that the information on awards had possibly been misunderstood last night. To clarify, all students who receive an award or scholarship will be recognized on their grad day. Due to restrictions, there will not be a formal "Awards Day" as has happened in the past. The award will be in their diploma package (if we do not receive it on time, it will be mailed to you), and we will announce the awards with the student's name upon receiving their diploma. Following grad, all award and scholarship winners will be acknowledged on the Sisler website and social media.
If you have received an external scholarship or award (external meaning outside of Sisler), please email Ms. K so that we can verbally acknowledge this as well. We do not receive notification on these so it is up to the student to notify us if they would like it recognized.
Notes from Guidance:
- A potential grad list was emailed to students last week. If your student number was highlighted in red or yellow, please connect with your counsellor as soon as possible.
- A presentation on Financial Aid and Manitoba Student Aid will be sent out at the end of the week to all grads.
Updated Grad Plan:
Sisler grad will now be a drive-by grad. Students will register for a 5 minute time slot on one of the three available days (the email with the link to register will be sent to all student's school emails at 10:00am, June 3rd)
All grads will receive an email to their school email (@live.wsd1.org) at 10:00am on June 3rd. Please use this link to sign up for your preferred time slot - times are first come, first serve. If you do not have a vehicle, please contact Ms. K to set up alternative arrangements. Reservations will close on Friday June 11th.
Grad Package Pickup:
Grads will come to Sisler during a scheduled time block on June 11 or 12th to pick up their caps and gowns, lawn signs and souvenirs.
June 10th 9:00am - 12:00pm last names A-F
June 10th 12:30pm - 3:30pm last names G-O
June 11th 9:00am - 12:00pm last names P-Z
The grad needs to be the one picking up their items as they will have to sign that they have received everything. Please email Ms. K if you need to make alternative arrangements.
Final Grad Meeting:
Due to our participation levels, we have expanded the grad meeting to 3 sessions. Please only sign up for one, the information will be the same.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes from April 14th 2021 Grad Meeting:
- All grads should email a completed Student Profile (a blank PDF is attached to this email) to their guidance counsellor as soon as possible. This form helps the Scholarship Committee make selections for Internal Scholarships.
- Internal and external scholarships can be found on the Sisler website at https://www.winnipegsd.ca/sisler/page/14240/scholarships
University Next Steps:
- Students are reminded to check their emails for information from post-secondary schools they may have applied to for presentations coming up that will instruct them on their next steps. This will include accepting their offer, accepting scholarships, registering for classes, etc.
- University of Manitoba's Next Steps Presentation can be accessed from this link https://umanitoba.ca/admissions/undergraduate/next-steps
- University of Winnipeg TBA
Convocation (Friday, June 25th and Monday, June 28th):
- Students will be sent a link to their student emails in May to select a time slot to sign up for. Currently there will be 15 students maximum every 30 minutes.
- Caps, gowns, and lawn signs have been ordered
- Distribution of caps, gowns and lawn signs will happen in the second week of June. Students will be notified on the exact dates.
- Convocation will be short and will focus on the formal distribution of diplomas as we will have the principals address and valedictorian speeches on June 29th for graduates to hear together.
- If you have not paid your grads fees yet and are stilling hoping to participate in the convocation, please come see Ms. K in Room 1 or your guidance counsellor as soon as possible.
Grad BBQ (Tuesday, June 29th – Time TBA):
- Graduates will be invited to Sisler for a portion of the day to celebrate their accomplishments with their peers.
- Only grads and staff will be in the building on this day.
- The event will start with students in classrooms for a brief period to watch the principals address and valedictorian speeches, which will be live streamed to the classrooms from the theatre.
- Once the presentation has concluded, students will be able to enjoy a free BBQ lunch, participate in activities throughout the school, and hang out with friends (while following COVID 19 public health guidelines).
- Parent volunteers are welcome to help with the BBQ, please contact email@example.com directly if you are interested.
- Yearbooks will be available in the Fall for pick up. If you are expecting to be out of province, please speak to Ms. K about alternative options.
- Grad clothing will likely be distributed next month, however, delays within the company are possible due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you have any concerns please contact the company directly.
We were thrilled to see so many students and families participate in this past grad meeting. Unfortunately, we ran into a glitch where Zoom maxed out at 100 participants, so many people did not get into the meeting. To prevent this problem from happening next time we will be holding 2 sessions of the meeting, please register for only one, as the content will be the same.
Please keep in mind the current plan is subject to change based upon public health guidelines and restrictions.
As always, we would love to hear any questions, feedback or ideas from students and families.
Thank you for your participation in Grad 2021!
We will see you at the next meeting!