K.I.N.D. ZoneNovember 15, 2022
The KIND Zone is a program that strives to support students' social and emotional needs.
The Circle of Courage is at the heart of planning and programming done through the KIND Zone. The Circle of Courage consists of four fundamental needs: Belonging, Mastery, Independence and Generosity. When all four of a child's fundamental needs are met they are able to regulate their emotions and build resilience.
The KIND Zone provides support for students in their classrooms and throughout their school day. The KIND Zone supports students through music groups, play groups, and girls/boys groups. The program is staffed by Maggie Henderson (Student Support Teacher).
- Getting Started / Introduction to Mindfulness site https://www.mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/
- Free 8-week online Mindfulness-Based Stress-Reduction course https://palousemindfulness.com/
- Mindfulness Exercises (includes a 28-day mindfulness challenge) https://mindfulnessexercises.com/free-online-mindfulness-courses/
- Guided Self-Compassion Meditations
- Insight Timer is a FANTASTIC app that is free and has tons of meditations, courses, and talks! You can search by category and session length (e.g., 5-minute – managing stress).
- Yoga teacher Leslie Fightmaster Yoga – free on YouTube. You can pick and choose what you feel like, or try out one of her yoga series (Yoga Fix 30 – 30 Day Yoga Challenge for Beginners, Yoga Fix 90 – 90 Days to Build a Healthy Habit).
- Cosmic Kids Yoga is fantastic for getting kids moving and acting out stories. Cosmic Kids is free and found on YouTube
- https://www.anxietycanada.com/ - Resource includes anxiety mapping and apps to help deal with anxiety in children and adult
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Mobile Crisis Unit – 204-949-4777
- Health Links – 204-788-8200
- Child and Family Services ANCR – 204-944-4200
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868