Filipino Bilingual ProgramOctober 23, 2023
WE ARE ACCEPTING PRE-REGISTRATIONS FOR FALL 2023
- It is currently being offered for incoming Kindergarten and Grade 1 students.
- It provides classes such as Social Studies and other subjects in the second language. English Language Arts, Mathematics and Science will be taught in English.
- No Filipino language proficiency required!
Please note that you will have to submit new registration documents for your child if you choose to apply to this program. The same pre-registration process follows.
PRE-REGISTRATION PACKAGE CONTENTS:
- Registration form
- Filipino Bilingual Program form
- Student Snapshot
- School supplies
- Additional documents to be sent with registration forms:
- Birth certificate
- Manitoba Health Card
- Most current residence information
- Owned property – Property Tax
- Rented property – Lease Agreement
Transportation is being offered for students who live more than 1.6km from our school and are still within the division. Grade 1 students also need to sign up for our Lunch Program as they have morning and afternoon classes. Please contact us for more information regarding these programs.
Also, please let us know if your child has any medical concerns, as there are separate forms for that.
Download this poster: Filipino Bilingual Program (QR code invalid)
MORE INFORMATION: Bilingual Programming (winnipegsd.ca)
- Bilingual Filipino school program could soon be coming to Winnipeg
- The Winnipeg School Division plans to offer a bilingual Filipino program – Winnipeg Free Press
- WSD to offer Filipino Bilingual Program
- MAFTI Launches a Bilingual Program in the Winnipeg School Division
- Winnipeg School Division plans to offer Filipino Bilingual Program
- 'It will be an asset': Winnipeg School Division to launch Filipino bilingual program