Indigenous Grad CoachSeptember 27, 2021
Sisler High School is one of seven high schools in the Winnipeg School Division fortunate enough to have an Indigenous Graduation Coach.
The main focus for the Grad Coach is to increase Indigenous graduation rates.
The Indigenous Graduation Coach will support students in various ways throughout their high school experience. Included in this support:
- providing extra-curricular opportunities to earn extra credit
- connecting student with tutoring opportunities
- connecting with parent(s)/guardian(s) to discuss school progress
- assisting with transitions into post - secondary and/or work force
- supporting the non-aboriginal Sisler High School student/staff/communities learning about Truth and Reconciliation.
Room 97 is now the Indigenous Student Centre! If you need to smudge, a quiet place to do homework on your spares, someone to chat with, or simply just a place to have a snack or eat your lunch, come on down!
Indigenous Student Centre Google Classroom: 3ba2rw3
To learn more about the program or discuss your child's involvement, please contact:
Ms. Delorme, Indigenous Graduation Coach
phone: (204) 589-8321