Your Future Begins at Tec-Voc!August 15, 2020
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT TEC-VOC?
Unlike many high schools in Winnipeg, Tec-Voc has a selection of 19 technical programs where students can acquire hands-on experience and develop essential skills in specific areas. Furthermore, students have the opportunity to work towards their level 1 apprenticeship in five programs (*).
- Advertising – Graphic Design Dental Technology
- Applied Commerce Education Design Drafting
- * Automotive * Electrical
- Aviation and Aerospace Electronics
- Baking and Pastry Arts * Innovative Manufacturing Technology
- Broadcasting / Media Arts Information Technology – Networking
- * Carpentry Information Technology – Software
- Childcare Professional Photography
- * Culinary Arts Welding
- Dental Assisting
Tec-Voc offers a university preparation course where students learn about the expectations and rigor of university life. In addition, the technical programs below provide opportunities for students when they enter various faculties at the university level.
- Medical – Dental Technology and Dental Assisting prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the medical, dentistry, nursing, radiology, pharmacy, kinesiology, sciences and biochemistry professions.
- Commerce – Applied Commerce Education prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the Faculty of Commerce
- Architecture – Design Drafting prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the architecture and interior design professions.
- Engineering – Aviation and Aerospace, Electrical, Innovative Manufacturing Technology, Design Drafting and Welding prepares students interested in furthering themselves in the Faculty of Engineering.