Lunch ProgramJuly 4, 2022
All children must be registered to stay in the lunch program full or part time.
- As this is a non - profit organization run by the Parent Advisory Council, all money derived from the program is used to pay the staff's salary, purchase milk and supplies for activities.
- You may provide ten postdated cheques payable to the GLENELM LUNCH PROGRAM. Fees for each month must be paid in advance with cheques dated the 20th of each month beginning in June (not including July and August) and ending May OR we also have E Transfer available. Monthly payments are $30 per month for one child and $25 per month for each additional child in the same family (plus a family $25 registration start up fee – see below).
- Upon request, alternate payment methods may be arranged.
Please note the following:
AVAILABILITY OF SPOTS WILL BE DETERMINED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS WITH PRIORITY GIVEN TO PARENTS/CAREGIVERS WHO ARE WORKING OR ATTENDING SCHOOL FULL TIME.
- A once a year registration fee of $25 per family is due upon registration to process the registration. This will be refunded if a child is denied a space due to capacity limits.
- A $5 NSF fee will be charged for any returned payment
- A late charge of $10 will be added for any fees not paid by the 3rd of the payment month. If fees have still not been paid by 9 a. m. of the following day, the child(ren) will be suspended from the lunch program until fees have been paid. If this occurs, the parent will be responsible to make alternate arrangements for their child(ren). For reoccurring late payments the child(ren) may be withdrawn from the program
- If your child(ren) will not be attending the lunch program on any given day, please advise the office before 9:30 a.m. on that day as all lunch program students need to be accounted for.
- If for any reason you withdraw your child(ren) from the lunch program, any remaining fees will be refunded.
- We follow the same Glenelm and WSD rules set out by the Code of Conduct. These include:
- No physical violence (hitting, fighting, etc.)
- No verbal violence (swearing, put downs, etc.)
- Respect (for staff, other adults and students and property)
- Students must not leave the school grounds (except patrols)
- The staff at the lunch program is instructed on how to deal with most situations. However, if it is a continuous problem or more severe the director will contact the parent/guardian in the evening. In serious cases, the student can be suspended from the lunch program.
To keep the cost of the lunch program down, no lunches, dishes or cutlery will be provided. All lunches must come in their own heat up container, including noodle soup.
Due to allergies, please refrain from sending food to school containing nuts or fish, the most common allergies.
The lunch program follows the 'no junk' food policy of Glenelm School. Items not allowed include gum, chips, pop, candy, chocolate or seeds in the shell. Such items found may be taken away from the student and given to their teacher to be picked up at the end of the day
Lunch program applications are available through the School office in person or by email.