Mission StatementFebruary 4, 2021
Lord Nelson School promotes a health and inclusive school culture where high levels of achievement occur within a positive, caring school environment. We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect in a environment that is safe and where kindness and concern are displayed for others.
LORD NELSON SCHOOL PRIORITIES
1. Students: To provide robust and comprehensive education, equitable access, diverse opportunity, and a supportive learning environment for all students to help them prepare for their journey with values of learning and social justice, and to be responsible community members.
2. Learning Outcomes: To further improve school attendance, achievements and graduation rates through the exploration of additional programs and strategies.
3. Addressing Barriers to Learning: To further develop initiatives and innovative approaches addressing individual student needs and accessibility requirements, mental health issues, childcare needs,, and nutritional needs.
4. Communication and Partnerships with Community: To further develop communications and partnerships with the communities we serve, parents, families, government, businesses, health and social service agencies, Indigenous education, other community organizations, and our valued volunteers.
5. Sustainability: To strengthen and enhance sustainable development initiatives that address environmental, social, and economic issues.
6. Employees: Increase the leadership capacity and competency within schools.
LORD NELSON SCHOOL BELIEFS
- Be Respectful
- Be Safe
- Be The Best You Can Be