AboutMay 3, 2021
École Riverview School accommodates approximately 320 students from Nursery to Grade six. We offer two programs: English Multi-age and French Immersion. Entry into English multi-age programs can occur at any grade level providing space is available. Entry into the French Immersion program can occur at Kindergarten or grade one levels. Our two programs offer a rich curriculum centred around themes, collaboration and student inquiry. A visitor walking our hallways will see a wonderful variety of work showcasing the amazing talents of our students.
Some of the current features of École Riverview School which new parents may find interesting are:
- a very involved and committed School Parent Advisory Council;
- an enthusiastic and highly valued parent volunteer program;
- specialty rooms for science and arts/crafts;
- a library that includes extensive collections of both English and French titles;
- an emphasis on both music and physical education programs that draws enthusiastic participation from students and accolades from parents;
- provision of basic French instruction for English stream students in grades one to six;
- cultural activities for enhancement of French programs (for all students);
- a wide variety of intra-mural sports activities and inter-school team participation;
- attention to individual needs of children through resource and enrichment programming and integration of special education students;
- computer assisted learning in a modern lab setting, along with networked computers in each classroom
- Smartboards in several classrooms throughout the school.
- Individual Needs: To provide a rich learning environment which recognizes and respects individual differences.
- Work Habits: To develop a sense of responsibility and pride in academic achievement, work habits and all school endeavours.
- Self Concept: To promote positive thinking and feelings of confidence and self worth in all students.
- Challenging Students: To maximize student achievement in all curricular areas through stimulating programs in both English and French consistent with student needs, differences and interests.
- School and Community: To ensure an atmosphere of trust and mutual support between the school and the community it serves.
- Respect: To develop respect and appreciation for all people, especially through the multicultural composition and program diversity of our school.
- Responsibility: To encourage students to be effective problem solvers and take responsibility for their own actions actions and learning.