FrenchDecember 30, 2022
By the end of grade six, students should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Understand the basic structures and vocabulary taught.
- Recognize the differences between various sounds and intonations.
- Follow directions given in French.
- Pronounce correctly, with good intonation, rhythm and "liaisons".
- Participate in oral practice with confidence.
- Express themselves in simple language.
- Recognize structures and vocabulary taught orally.
- Read for global meaning.
- Copy structures and vocabulary taught orally and already met in a reading context.
- Discuss the existence of French culture at local, regional and national levels (i.e. French restaurants, newspapers, entertainers, etc.)
- Describe aspects of French culture (i.e. celebrations, feast days, food etc.)
- Appreciate similarities and differences between French and student's own culture.