Skip to main content

School Registration Information

January 19, 2023

Registration forms are available in the office, but  we now also accept student applications for the 2022/2023 school year via email. 

Please fill out the Student Application for Registration form, print and sign and then email directly to the school.

If you are unable to print or scan forms, please contact the school via email at or by phone at 204-452-4210. Schools are checking emails and voice messages on a daily basis.  

Resident Students New to or Transferring Within WSD

Resident Students are permanent residents in Canada and also reside within the boundaries of the Winnipeg School Division. If you are unsure in which division you reside, you can use the WSD Find a School App. Please ensure all information on the Student Application for Registration is complete and include: 

  • Proof of child's age and legal name (birth certificate, certificate of live birth, passport)
  • Proof of residency (rental agreement, property tax assessment, mortgage statement)
  • Health insurance (Manitoba Health card or other provincial health insurance)
  • Custody/Guardianship documents, if applicable.
  • Citizenship (Immigration documentation will be required)

Nursery applications must also provide a signed copy of this letter.

Non-Resident Students

Non-Resident Students are students who reside outside the WSD boundaries. If you are unsure in which division you reside, you can use the WSD Find a School App. Please contact the school directly as Schools of Choice guidelines apply as per the Winnipeg School Division Policy JEC - School Admissions/Schools of Choice. Acceptance is based on numerous factors including program and grade request, space availability and class size. 

Please fill out this Non-Resident Student Application Form and this School of Choice Form and submit with the Student Application for Registration and supporting documents.

Temporary Resident Students

Temporary Resident Students are in the country with a temporary status with a visitor or student permit and their parents have a work, student permit.  Acceptance is based on numerous factors including program and grade request, space availability and class size. 

Temporary Residents must apply in person to the Division Board Office instead of the school. Please contact our Enrolment Section to schedule an intake meeting and complete your child’s registration: or (204) 789-0489.

 The following documents will be required for all registrations:

Your child’s student permit or visitor record

Your child’s passport

Your child’s birth certificate

Documents from student’s previous school 

  1. Most recent report card for grade 1-8 students
  2. High school transcripts for grade 9-12 students

If your child has a medical condition which will require extra supports while attending school, please bring all relevant diagnosis documentation 

Legal guardian’s student and/or work permits 

  1. If the legal guardian is on a student permit, then one of the following is required:
    • A letter of enrolment from the school’s registrar showing your program and the program’s length
    • Receipt issued by your post-secondary institution for the current or upcoming semester
  2. If the legal guardian’s work permit states they can only work for a specific employer, then proof of employment from that specific employer is required 

Legal guardian’s passport 

Proof of address

  1. If you rent: a rental agreement
  2. If you own: an accepted offer to purchase or property tax bill 

Valid medical insurance for your child 

  1. If the family is not eligible for Manitoba Health, then insurance can be purchased through a private insurance company 

Please note: 

• All documents must be translated into English

• If required, please bring an interpreter at your own cost

• If you are missing documents, we will assist you where possible


If you require before or after child care, the YMCA/YWCA Kidspace Daycare is housed in the school.  Please click here for more information.


If you would like to child to stay at the school for lunch, we have the Rockwood Lunch Program that is run by the parent council. Please click here for more information.

For more student registration & enrolment forms, click here.

Back to top