Student Registrations and EnrolmentJune 20, 2022
Secretary-Treasurer’s Department Student Registrations and Enrolment Section
Temporary Resident Registration
If you have any questions about temporary resident registration, please contact by email email@example.com or by telephone 204-789-0489 (VOIP: 100-489).
Every temporary resident family must provide the following documents for student registration:
- Student’s valid Visitor Record or Student Permit
- Parent/Guardian’s valid Work Permit or Student Permit
- If parent/guardian is here on a Student Permit proof of enrolment in classes for the current school year
- Student & parent’s/guardian’s passports
- Student’s birth certificate (English translation is preferred)
- Proof of address
- Proof of valid health insurance
- If ineligible for Manitoba Health or the card has not arrived private insurance must be purchased that is valid to the next natural break in the school year
- Extended Health Benefits through a parent’s/guardian’s employer does not provide basic health coverage and is not a suitable replacement for Manitoba Health
- Students without valid insurance or that has expired will be asked to stay home until it is renewed
For information on our International Education Program, please see the link to the International Education Program website. You can contact the International Education Program at 204-789-8086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students website: www.winnipegsd.ca/iep
Non-resident Nursery Students
Children must turn four by December 31 of the current school year and live with their legal guardian within the boundaries of Winnipeg School Division in order to be registered for Nursery. The entire cost is funded by WSD via the education special levy on property taxes. Non-Resident students are not allowed to access the Nursery Program without paying a non-resident fee. The fee is payable by the parent/legal guardian. Please contact by email email@example.com or by telephone 204-789-0489 for fees and procedure.
If a student registers and begins a nursery program in September as a resident and moves outside of WSD during the school year, fees are payable for the remainder of the school year (effective from the move date). Please contact non-resident clerk at 204-789-0489, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Registration Documentation Checklist
- Application Form for Transfer to a School of Choice.pdf
- Application for Registration of School-Age Non-Resident Student.pdf
- Request for Non-Resident Indigenous Student.pdf
- Application for Non-Resident Adult (21 years of age and over OR graduated).pdf
- WSD Nursery Letter - Fillable
- Tuition Fee Rate.pdf