Skip to main content

Scent Free Zone

July 16, 2022

You may have noticed that we have 'Scent Free Zone' signage around our school as some of our staff and students may have an allergic reaction to chemicals added to perfume or scented body, cleaning or laundry products. Many people are unaware of the health effects of chemicals in perfumed products but it can be a serious allergy concern. Reactions could include: 

  1. Coughing
  2. Severe headaches
  3. Trouble breathing
  4. Chest pain
  5. Vomiting

Some of the products that may cause or provoke an allergic reaction include: hair products, perfume/cologne, aftershave, hand/body lotions and sprays and even strong smelling soaps. We ask that you help us support the students and staff here who have allergies and not wear scented products when in our school.

Thank you for your support. 

Back to top