Parent CouncilJuly 25, 2022
2022-2023 School Year
Having a child attend Keewatin Prairie means that you are automatically a member of the Parent Council! We welcome you to join our meetings which happen regularly once a month, or once every two months. These past couple of years we have met by 'Zoom' and we will continue this year as it has made meeting very convenient. Our first meeting will be on October 18 at 6:00 pm. We will email a virtual link to parents interested prior to the meeting. Please call or email your interest for the meeting link at: email@example.com
The Parent Council supports school efforts in the education and guidance of the children and serves as a connection of communication between home and school as well oversees the Lunch Program. Some of the things that you might learn about or be involved with, are:
- parents’ wishes and concerns on broader issues in the community, bringing items to the attention of the school.
- the school curriculum, teaching and assessment methods, instructional materials and goal setting.
- increased awareness of public school legislation, school board policies, budgets, administrative directives, and school priorities.
- information about special events.
- assisting with specific tasks upon the request of the school.
- elections to support the running of the Parent Council.
- promoting a safe environment for the community and the school.
- monthly updates (program and financials) about the Lunch Program.
- discussion of ideas and activities to support our 'Community Room.'
- discussion of ideas for fundraising efforts in accordance to specific written goals provided by the school that enhance educational programming for students.
- discussions on student safety around our school.
- making requests, on behalf of the school, to government authorities, such as Manitoba Education, the City of Winnipeg, the Department of Parks and Recreation, and the Board of Trustees of the Winnipeg School Division.
If anything here 'twigs' your interest, please join us. This is a great way to meet like minded parents who are committed to helping our school be a great place!