Welcome to École Laura Secord School Nursery and Kindergarten ProgramsMarch 18, 2022
École Laura Secord School is committed to providing a dynamic, creative learning environment in a safe, caring school community. We strive to create a positive atmosphere that meets the academic, social, physical, emotional, and creative needs of all children.
École Laura Secord School is a dual-track school with both French Immersion and English Alternative components. The English/Alternative program begins with the Nursery program and French Immersion begins with the Kindergarten program, with both programs continuing onto grade six.
At École Laura Secord School, both the French Immersion Kindergarten and English/Alternative Nursery and Kindergarten program’s classroom composition is based on enrolment numbers. Staffing for these programs from the Winnipeg School Division begins in March and April, so it is really important to register immediately for accurate numbers and the appropriate staffing allotment for the 2022-2023 school year.
Next year, we plan to have morning and afternoon combined Nursery/Kindergarten classes for the English/Alternative program and morning and afternoon Kindergarten classes in the French Immersion program.
At Laura Secord in the 2022-2023 school year, we include and provide:
- A child-centered environment where creativity and social skills are fostered
- Attention to the development of the whole child
- Language development/Early Literacy & Math skills
- Curricular areas are integrated through themes
- Learning through Exploration
- Play-based learning, Art infused, Hands-on environment
- Continuous opportunities for social learning
- Inclusive, Indigenous and outdoor education are priorities
- Teacher and child-directed activities
- Play with purpose – e.g. Social Skill development
- Attend to the mental health aspect of children’s lives
- Connections with older students – Reading Buddies, Math Buddies, Learning Buddies, and more
Visit our registration page for more information on how to apply for registration for the 2022/2023 school year.