School Registration InformationDecember 1, 2021
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Winnipeg School Division will be accepting conditional student applications for the 2021/2022 school year. This will only apply to resident students new to WSD or transferring to another school within the division.
Please fill out the Student Application for Registration form, print and sign and then email it directly to the school.
All applications for resident students only will be accepted conditionally until schools reopen to the public. When schools do reopen all documentation confirming the information below will be required at that time.
If you are unable to print or scan the form, the following information can be provided to the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-774-5401. Schools are checking emails and voice messages on a daily basis.
Students new to WSD:
- Student's legal full name
- Date of birth
- Sex (as indicated on birth certificate or equivalent documentation)
- Citizenship (Immigration documentation will be required)
- Current school attended
- Current address
- Primary phone number
- Email address
- Name of legal guardian and relationship to student
- Does student live with guardian(s) as identified (custody orders are required)
Transfer within WSD:
- Student name
- Division student number (as shown on report card)
- Current school
- New address (if current address changing)
- Updated contact information (name, phone number, email)
Please contact the school directly as Schools of Choice guidelines apply as per the Winnipeg School Division Policy JEC - School Admissions/Schools of Choice. Acceptance is based on numerous factors including program and grade request, space availability and class size.
Pre-Registration Planning for the 2021-2022 School Year
Pre-Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is starting soon.
New Grade 7, 8, & 9 registrations
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see the school registration information above for a Divisional registration form. In addition, please fill out the grade appropriate course selection form for submission.
Current Grade 9 Students
All Grade 9 students will attend a pre-registration assembly in Gym 224 during D-slot on Wednesday, March 3rd. Students will learn about the courses they can register for next year, and will receive a Course Pre-Selection Planning sheet to begin filling out. They are to then bring this sheet home to share with their parents/guardians and have it back on them the following day.
Students will then register in their homerooms on Chromebooks on either Wednesday the 3rd, Thursday the 4th, or Friday the 5th.
Current Grade 10, 11, and Returning 12 Students
On Tuesday, March 2nd (Even Cohort) and Wednesday, March 3rd (Odd Cohort), a pre-registration presentation will occur during C slot do discuss next year's courses and the registration process at Gordon Bell. Students will also be given a Course Pre-Selection Planning Sheet at this time, to bring home and complete with parent/guardian. They should have the completed form on them the following day.
Students will then register on either Thursday, March 4th (Even Cohort) or Friday, March 5th (Odd Cohort) during C slot.
Important Information for ALL Students
- Students are encouraged to speak with their teachers as well as parent(s) / guardian(s) and refer to the support documents below to assist in course selection.
- Upon completion of registration on the computer, all students will be given a printed copy of their registration package that needs to be signed and dated on every page by the parent/guardian or 18+ student.
- Please be sure to go over the address and contact info and make any changes with a pen prior to returning.
- The signed package must be returned to the main office no later than Friday, March 12th.
- Please note that a student is not officially registered until this signed paperwork is received.
- Gordon Bell HIGH School 2021-22 Handbook
- Course Pre-Selection Planning Sheet (by Grade Level; to print and complete if original was misplaced)
- Graduation Requirements
- Math Info sheet
- English Info sheet
- Post-Secondary Requirements
- Off-Campus Pre-Apprenticeship Program - Plumbing & Pipe Trades (to consider when entering Grade 11 or 12)
- Off-Campus Pre-Apprenticeship Program - Electrical Trades Technology (to consider when entering Grade 11 or 12)
Don't be disappointed! Get your signed registration form in early to improve your chances of getting the classes you want!
Please reach out to your assigned advisor/counsellor should you have any questions:
Grades 7 & 8
Ms. F. Shams
Grades 9, Grades 10, 11 & 12 (student last names A-J)
Ms. K. Wynnobel
Grades 10, 11, & 12 (student last names K-Z)
Ms. S. Vieira