Exam InformationJanuary 22, 2024 Announcement
Grade 12 ELA Process Exams (January 9th-11th):
Grade 12 English Process Exams will take place Tuesday, January 9th through Friday January 11th.
Grade 12 Math Provincial Exams (January 23rd to January 25th)June 14-Friday June 23
Grade 12 Applied Math - Tuesday, January 23rd
Grade 12 Essentials Math - Wednesday, January 24th
Grade 12 Pre-Calculus - Thursday, January 25th
Week Prior to Exams January 22nd to 25th
- Teachers who are not administering a formal exam in their course will conduct other forms of summative assessments during this week. This can include process exams, unit projects, performance-based assessments and other in-class assessments.
- Teachers who will be conducting formal exams will utilize this time to prepare student for writing exams.
Formal Exam Week: Friday, January 26th - Thursday, February 1st
The selected exams scheduled below will be written in the gymnasium (gr 10-12) or in the classrooms (gr 9). This includes mid-term exams.
EXAM RULES AND REMINDERS
Formal Exams are January 26, 2023 – February 1, 2023
- The EXAMINATION SCHEDULE has been posted on Google Classrooms and the DMCI website. It is the responsibility of each student to be present for each of their examinations.
- Students are to be seated in the designated examination room before 9:00 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
- Students may not leave the examination room during the first hour of an examination.
- Students are expected to bring the necessary supplies to the examination: pencils, pens, rulers, calculators, etc. Do not bring bags, books, etc. into the examination room.
- Students who are unavoidably late or ill should phone the school. Only in exceptional cases will students be given an opportunity to make up the marks for missing an examination.
- Students must return textbooks to their subject teacher before the examination. Students who have lost or damaged books or other items are responsible for paying the replacement cost.
- When students have no examination scheduled, they may study at home, or in the LIBRARY; the library is used for quiet study. Teachers will also be available in their classrooms for those who wish to study at school.
- Students are not to be in the halls while examinations are in progress. Staff will be supervising the halls during the exam week.
- CELL PHONES, SMART WATCHES AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES, etc. are NOT PERMITTED throughout the duration of the exam and MUST NOT BE VISIBLE or HEARD at any time. These items should be left at home or stored in the student’s locker.
- ONLY proper calculators will be permitted for exams that require mathematical calculations.
REMINDER: The library will only be used during exam week as a place to study quietly.