Lunch ProgramJune 30, 2023
What is Lunch Program?
The Lunch Program is a non-profit program available to King Edward Community School families. This service is provided by the Lunch Program Committee and is not run by the school. There is a fee for this service, as our Lunch Program supervisors are paid to provide this supervision.
Lunch Program Schedule
Beginning at 12:00 pm, students will be supervised and provided time to eat within the Lunch room and play for the remainder of the lunch hour.
- Students will eat for 25 minutes in the Lunch Room. After which they will have a 5-minute period to clean up and get ready to go outside.
- Students will have a movement break for the remaining 25 minutes.
- They will return at 12:55 pm for afternoon classes
Who is Lunch Program for?
Lunch Program is for
- Students who walk to school in the winter
Or whose parent(s)/guardian(s):
- Are working during the day
- Are enrolled in a school program during the day
- Have mobility difficulties
What are the Fees?
- Upon acceptance into the Lunch Program there will need to be an advance payment for September and October.
- $30.00 per month per child (or a maximum of $60.00 per month for families with multiple children)
- Fees can be paid by cash or cheque. Please make cheques out to King Edward Community School Lunch Program. We do not accept debit or credit. We are unable to provide change. If you choose to pay by cheque and the cheque is post date YOU MUST put it in an envelope and state the date it can be deposited. If you do not follow these rules you might be required to pay an additional banking fee.
You can obtain Lunch Cards from the Lunch Program, enabling students to enjoy meals at their convenience throughout the month. The Pre-Paid Lunch Cards are offered in two options: a $10 card for 5 lunches and a $20 card for 10 lunches. These cards are refillable and remain at the school for easy access.
For any additional information, please contact:
Mrs. Frankie Edward
Lunch Program Coordinator