Indigidance ChallengeJune 23, 2021 Division Activity
Challenge extended to June 30
June is National Indigenous History Month – join Winnipeg School Division staff and students who are learning about cultural dances.
On this webpage you will find dance tutorials and free downloadable music for your challenge entry.
Upload to any or all social media and challenge your friends, family and classmates to #WSDIndigidance.
#WSDIndigidance Criteria & Information
Instructional Video Criteria:
- We invite you to challenge your friends, teachers, and principals!
- To enter, use the music found in the link below, record your dance, and upload to Instagram, TikTok, or Facebook using the hashtag #WSDIndigidance, be sure to spell it properly!
- Feel free to wear your regalia or casual clothing, all entries welcomed!
- Videos should be no more than one-minute long and should include your challenge at the beginning, then your dance.
- Challenge your teacher and let them know you’ve joined the #WSDIndigidance.
- This challenge is open to individuals and groups following all public health safety orders.
Red River Jig Youtube clip:
Pow Wow Youtube clip:
Permission to use this music has been granted by the musicians.