Teach with WSDAugust 24, 2023
WSD is one of the biggest, most diverse school divisions in the country—and that means big opportunities for our educators. WSD is made up of 79 schools, including a virtual school, with multiple language streams, providing cutting edge education to almost 30,000 students. Our school communities are growing, and as part of the largest division in Manitoba, you have more room to advance your career while inspiring students to succeed.
To ensure our students get the best education, we strive to provide high-quality support and professional development to foster and inspire your creativity. Through WSD’s own Professional Learning & Leadership Centre, you will be paired with an experienced WSD educator to support you every step of the way.
Join us, and be the inspiration.
New Teacher Candidates
Congratulations! You’ll soon be finishing university and starting your career inspiring students to succeed. One of the important steps prior to graduation is to connect with the largest division in the province! We encourage you to register now to fast-track your teaching career and begin working as a substitute teacher as soon as you’re eligible.
Once you’re hired as a substitute teacher you will have access to:
- start picking up substitute assignments
- apply to TERM positions for May and June
- view and apply to internal WSD job placements that start in September and are posted throughout the school year
How to Apply
To register with WSD and be contacted for an interview, please follow these three steps:
- Register at winnipegsd.simplication.com
- Create your online portfolio with all required documents
- Apply to the job posting
Required Documents for Teaching Positions
Teachers, Principals, Superintendents
- Personal Information
- Answer Questions on ‘My Portfolio’
- Language Skills
- Cover Letter
- Supporting Documents
Three professional references are required and must include:
- Name of Reference
- Residential Address with Postal Code
- Email Address
Complete applications include the following supporting documents:
- Provincial teaching certificate
- Teaching Evaluations/Practicum Reports
- Transcripts (New Grads)